Sunday, June 24, 2018

Training and Family History Fun




Elder and Sister Moore came in from Smiths Falls to start their training to take over for us when we leave next month.  They are going to be great.  They are quick learners and will have a lot of fun with their new assignment.








The new office staff as of July 9th, when the Moores officially start.  They will fit in very well with the Andersons and the Donnellys.





On Friday, Elder Swendsen and I went to Smiths Falls to visit my second cousin, Judie and her husband Gord.  It was an absolutely gorgeous drive, once we got out into the country.  We had a wonderful time with more family.  The "old" photo of Judie and I, below, is in 1956, the last time I was in Smiths Falls.

Friday afternoon we went for a walk along the Rideau Canal, a gentle walk from their home - past three houses and then cross the street.  Elder Swendsen and Gord then went to the museum about the locks that are on the canal.  Judie and I sat and talked by one of the locks.  We got to see the locks work as two boats went through.  It was fascinating to see.  We later went for dinner at a restaurant (My Place) owned by people from Prague.  The weinerschnitzel was wonderful as well as the Madras soup.  We watched a beautiful sunset.  Our hotel looked out over the canal which was great.



















 




 

Saturday after a great breakfast at Perfect Thyming Restaurant.  Elder Swendsen and Gord went on a road trip to Carp, Ontario about 30 kilometres from Ottawa.  They visited the Diefenbunker Museum which is four levels underground.  They had a great time.  Judie and I spent the time sharing Family History.  She has a lot of wonderful photos of the Park side of my family that I did not have.  I was taking a lot of pictures with my phone.  She also had a small pair of leather boots made by my second great grandmother, Agnes McIntyre, who was a boot machinist.  They are a miniature sample of what she made for people.


We had a wonderful visit and rekindled families ties and love.  I love my extended family.

Time is going so quickly, we only have three weeks left until we leave this wonderful mission.  There is still so much to do.

With the Lord's help, we will get everything done to complete our mission.  He gave us a tender mercy in having the Moores agree to come and work in the office.  This is His work and He is in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment